I’m an environmental scientist, athlete, and holistic health coach specializing in hormonal balance, fitness and nutrition. I currently live in the Greater Boston Area with my boyfriend and amazing dog – an English Foxhound named Otis.
…striving to be HEALTHY and balanced.
These terms mean something different to everyone but to me they are synonymous. From my perspective both terms mean that my body, mind and spirit are all connected and functioning to the best of their ability. Throughout my life I’ve put a lot of energy into improving my body and mind but am only just beginning to work on my spiritual side. I am far from perfect and life isn’t always rainbows and butterflies but I am (almost completely) okay with that. I try to see every situation as an opportunity to grow and I am constantly learning more about my being as a whole.
…living as GREEN as possible.
I not only have a passion for holistic health, but I also have a passion for the environment and how humans interact with it. I grew up spending a lot of time in nature and went to college and graduate school to study it. I eventually landed an awesome job as a professional environmental scientist, but there is still a piece of me isn’t completely fulfilled. My passion for the environment and for helping others shines through in the way that I do business, the way that I live, and in my coaching practice.
…a FLAMINGO at heart.
I have always been extremely fond of flamingos. After doing some research on their tendencies, unique traits and preferences, I’ve realized that they are my spirit animal for a lot of reasons (listed here).
- We are incredibly unique.
- We love being outside – especially in water.
- We eat algae for its nutritional benefits.
- Our legs make up approximately 80% of our total height.
- We are loud and animated.
- We are social birds and love hanging out with our flock.
- We love to dance. The more awkward, the better.
- We mostly wade around, but have the ability to swim or fly when necessary.
- We are both sensitive to toxins in our air, water and food.
- The plastic lawn flamingo was invented in Massachusetts – where I currently reside.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Environmental Studies (Niagara University)
- Master of Science Environmental Science (University of Massachusetts Boston)
- Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner with the American Association of Drugless Professionals (AADP)
- Holistic Health Coach Certification (Institute for Integrative Nutrition)
- Raw Nutrition Certification (The BodyMind Institute)
- BodyMind Nutrition I Certification (The BodyMind Institute)